Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

of course He cares...

I'm learning a great deal from being a mom. Patience being the chief lesson. Of course, this is not a QUICK lesson - it comes in many many many parts and I've yet to receive that "master of patience" degree that I've been laboring over...

but this isn't about patience (unless of course we're talking about YOUR patience, then I might be trying it a tad...)

This is about prayers.

my sweet M - who is on the brink of turning 6 never forgets her prayers. She has been known to wake up yelling for me and when I get in there she lets me know that she needs to say her prayers now. (usually because she fell asleep downstairs and had to be carried to bed...)

her "prayer language" might need a little help - because we get an interesting blend of "we ask thee" mixed up with "bless us" - so "bless thee" it is even though we've tried and tried to change it.

She is also likely to pray for an interesting variety of things. She has prayed for the little girl in her class that forgets to be nice "bless thee that she can be not rude" and for a neighbor "bless thee that A can not bite her fingernails" and for her mother "bless thee that Mommy can smile and not be mad at me" (oh, that hurt!) - but tonight I was surprised... apparently she didn't like our choice of Family Activity yesterday because tonight the prayer included "bless thee that I never have to watch Princess and The Frog ever ever again"

but really - have you SEEN that shadow man? He's just plain freaky!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

The shadow man is pretty scary, but I love that movie.

Megz said...

I hope her prayers are answered and you never force her to watch that scary Disney movie again.
We have yet to introduce the thees and thous. Maybe it's time to spice our prayers up around here.

cold cocoa said...

I know..we have our "please helps" mixed in where "we're thankful fors" should be. But prayer language can be confusing. I do love kids prayers though!
Poor M. They should know better to make scary figures in kids vids.

Barbaloot said...

Please bless that I never have to see that movie either. I thought it looked bad to start with---and having a six-year-old's recommendation cements my opinion.

Michelle said...

Oh, too bad Barbaloot. That movie is awesome. I loved it. My kids weren't scared by him because they were too busy running up and down the stairs and loosing their shoes.
Kid prayers are the best, aren't they?

LC said...

We get mixed up with bless and thankful for no matter how hard we try to remind.
Those are cute prayers. I can just imagine cute M's voice saying them.
...Still haven't seen the movie. Should we just buy it when it comes out on DVD?

S said...

That is sweet and sad all at once. I love her prayers; I just love kid prayers. They are completely from the heart and so full of faith! I agree with M about the movie. The more I think about it, the more I don't want it in my house.

April said...

Please thank M for the heads up. :)