Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Mr. Puffy Head

Many many months ago the ManOfTheHouse invested in his health - he bought one of those BowFlex home gyms...  I say "his" health because try as he might I have not been able to convince myself that I enjoy this exercise.

Flash-forward to yesterday when sweet little M is helping me put away some of the many videos and DVDs that inevitably get left out during the weekend of fun and partying that happens at our house.  (yeah, go ahead and read that really sarcastically - it's okay)

M finds the "Xtreme Instructional Video" by bowflex (not because it was watched - but let's not get started on THAT gripe) and asks me "why is this guy a puffy head"

Puffy head?  Oh - well NOW I get it, now that I've seen the picture (note: this is NOT the same picture...  but M assures me that this guy is also Mr. Puffy Head)
I (being the intelligent and all-knowing mother that I am) explain the process of weight lifting and the building of muscles... I think I lost her somewhere during the discussion of Amino acids - but she's pretty bright so she caught up.  (yes, I'm kidding)

The kicker:  then the sweet and innocent child asks why M.O.T.H. is not "puffy" - at which point the conversation was abandoned because I had to hysterically laugh while e-mailing M.O.T.H. to tell him that his daughter thinks he's a flabby wimp.

but for the record - he's as manly as can be... he's just got a biker's body instead of a steroid users' body - besides, those "puffy" muscles are really nauseating me... 

13 comments:

Stephanie said...

hahhahahaha that is too funny!!!

And I dont like puffy heads either..its weird...

AND I AM SO EXCITED FOR LOST!

Barbaloot said...

An-the puffy guy is sick looking!

Becky said...

Is there anyone who really, truly enjoys exercising? I think not...

My husband isn't a puffy head, either, though some days I think he mourns the loss. But I'm happy with the man I've got!

Danyele Easterhaus said...

hey there...u were right above me at SITS today...and i'm glad i came by. i am really laughing...what a meathead in the pic! ha!

lori said...

I think that is the best description of a body builder I have ever heard. I will never be able to look at one again without thinking of "puffy head"

April said...

Years back I used to lift weights...but was NOT a Mrs Puffy Head. But I quit because the Mr. Puffy Heads freaked me out!! Seriously, most of them think they are God's gift to women! YUCK!!! (trying not to vomit) Anyhooo! I love that your daughter is down to earth like her mom!!! That pic is just disturbing!

TisforTonya said...

I used to lift weights a lot in college - but never went for the puffy look... and yes, most of those puffy head guys were pretty shallow - or trying to make up for some other inadequacies maybe?

Big difference between "toned" and Puffy ;)

Megz said...

Poor MOTH. (but does anybody really want a puffy HEAD??) Did you ask M what adjectives she would use to describe her daddy's physique? That could be rather entertaining....or dangerous.

Chelsi said...

Ahhhh, the things kids say to boost our egos. I see the puffy heads sometimes at the gym on Friday nights when I'm there with my non-puffy guy. I guess they're so in love with their puff that they don't need a gal.

LC said...

I love skinny guys with glasses personally.
Good for M. for her wise observation. Puffy is just the right word.

Heidi said...

After viewing Mr. Puffy, I am thanking my lucky stars my husband is skinny AND flabby. Yay me!

Kollen Marchant said...

Mr. Puffy head looks well disgusting, I like the marshmallow puffiness instead, it's softer to hug and is easy to achieve.

Anna Lefler said...

Hey, where did you get that photo of my hubby?

I wish he wouldn't wear that silly black thing on his head.

;^) Anna