Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Having a Princess Bride Flashback in Church...

You will all have to forgive me this week... I am baking my heart out - and then decorating my heart out... which I'm SURE will be a funny story in the weeks to come, but until then I will only be dropping by to share small snippets.

Hopefully none of the small snippets will have to do with making pounds of cake balls out of ruined wedding cake?

For those that are still worried - the debit card fiasco was resolved without unpleasantness. I do still wish a little unpleasant upon the thieves... but otherwise I am letting it go :)

Today?

Today I am still laughing a little over what some nice older gentleman said in church yesterday... (and I quote... ermmm... well, paraphrase... it's not like I had a recording going of his talk...)

NiceOldGuy: "My wife and I both grew up in Southern California, we went to the same church, the same High School... but we waited before Hooking Up"

Me: (well, okay I didn't actually SAY anything out loud... but if I HAD it would have been this...)

"Ummm, Vizzini - you keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means..."
LOVE me some Princess Bride :)

(he also used the word "courting" which confused the young people in the room as well...)

11 comments:

S said...

I had to smile at his comment as well! Good luck with the cake this week. Call if you need help.

Saimi said...

Inconceivable!

Good luck with the baking!!

stephanie said...

courting and hooking up should not come out of the same mouth. Too funny!

Kazzy said...

Lol. Very funny!

Sherie Christensen said...

Maiwage, is what brings us together today. Whose cake are you making?

jessica said...

Hilarious!!!!

"I'm not a witch! I'm your wife...but I'm not sure I want to be that ANYMORE!!!!"

"No more rhymes and I mean it! Anybody want a peanut?"

Those are my faces...

just the five of us said...

Man i wish our ward was entertaining. I find myself trying to stay awake every Sunday, and don't get me started on Gospel Doctrine Class!

Jen T said...

Ha! Ha! Love the Princess Bride here too, my 10 year old wanted to be the dread Pirate Roberts for Halloween, and when kids asked her who she was they all had no idea--so sad! Princess Bride should be required viewing in elementary school

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Your ward must totally rock!

I love Princess Bride too. I think I watched it for the first time ever only two years ago.
I know.....uncultured.

Suzanne Benner said...

"Hooking up" can be used in more than one way. It could mean an informal get-together in a very platonic way, as in "let's hook up later in the week to do a puzzle," or it could mean a sexual exploit. ... "Hooking" by itself even has more than one usage, although it is rarely used by fishermen...

make up by eny marques said...

Loved readiing this thanks