Pages

Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Young Amazon Department...

We went to have our taxes done yesterday - and because life is forever against me the appointment in front of us needed to have her state taxes done from several different states this year...  rather than sitting down and enjoying their pile of magazines and their soft chairs M.O.T.H. and I chose to wander the mall...

I was soon wishing I had taken advantage of the soft chairs and magazines (even though I wonder how many germs are spread that way...)

But then... I walked into the "young mens" department thinking I could snag some great deals for the boys...  I love me a good 60% off sale!
Ummm...  Seriously - is there a young man that can wear this?  I know I'm 4'11" and all, but these were hitting the floor and still taller than M.O.T.H. - not to mention that my arms are about as far apart as they go...  

Hint to management:  maybe if they were displayed in the area of the store where the big and tall men actually LOOK for their clothes, you wouldn't have had to discount them to 60% off?

(sorry, the picture is REALLY fuzzy - I'd say it was because I was protecting my identity, but let's be real... even a good camera phone is pretty sucky) 
(and yeah - K, if you're reading this... I do think they're even too big for your young man...)

6 comments:

just the five of us said...

Hey I think that kid from Biggest Loser this season could have worn them. But he is making remarkable progress! Like I say to all my friends "Give me a week with Jillian and Bob and I would never have to diet again!"

LC said...

Any fun plans for your tax refund?
Would any young man wear those bibs even if they did fit? They're going to have to be giving those away.

Heidi said...

They look just right for my Big Guy. Sad but true.

April said...

My oldest could have worn them before his mission...true story.

Look at you on your tip toes!!! How cute!!!

TisforTonya said...

seriously guys - I went back there today just to check (okay, actually to grab a bridal shower gift) and the wearer of these bibs would have to be at LEAST 6'7" and... yeah, I've no idea on what someone that height would OR should weigh... I just know that they'd get more points on Weight Watchers than I get...

Megz said...

Did I miss the latest fashion magazine? I had no idea overalls were back. Good thing I couldn't part with mine ten years ago and still have a pair in the closet.
Yee-haw, bring 'em on!