Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Our week...

It's been a hectic one around here - and I kept saying "at the end of this week, we're all going to take a day off..."  we'll get to the day off part later...

We'll begin with last Thursday - W's baseball game was around 5:15 and I had been invited to something or other I was trying to avoid... so when W left his Bat Bag in the car I decided to drag the kids up to the field and stay for the first 30 minutes of his game (Q was meeting us there)... Well, M promptly got herself hit in the
 stomach by a playground ball (with the help of P's foot) and proceeded to pass out on me - Needless to say I left the game and the doctors were unable to determine if it was a seizure or just a simple passing out because of stress (stress?  she's got no school, no bills... I don't get it!)  Anyway, Thursday ended on that note - and the girl is fine.

Friday was a jumble of running around, including my children's museum meeting - to which I took M just in case she repeated her performance, this did not go well, and M's birthday party - which lasted only an hour (the ideal time frame) because of P's baseball game and W's baseball practice and T's friends' birthday party which all began at 5:00.  One was early, one was on time and one was late - what can you do?  M stayed put in her seat this game and played with her new doll "Sophia Kate" until the game was over (P's team lost, but they are 3 and 1 for the season thus far)

Saturday... hmmm... oh yeah, the older boys had a scout pow-wow thing - we began and
 completed W's entire science project - and Q had a 4-wheelin' adventure with the EQ...  so I stayed home and cleaned.

Sunday - T got sick - but the rest of us enjoyed church... choir books came and we finally sang something other than a hymn (not that they're bad, but something else occasionally is nice)

Monday - T still sick - M's birthday boola-boola went well - we squeezed in Wendy's and her Tinkerbell cake between two baseball games - P's before the dinner went well but W's afterward began at 8:00 and went downhill from there.  The other team's pitcher has a golden arm.  The wind was also blowing something awful and despite my warm "cozy" blanket many of us moms were freezing while trying to cheer for a losing team.  The snack shack quickly ran out of hot chocolate (not that it was going to help me) and nobody complained when the game ended at 9:50.

Tuesday - Now T, W, and Mom woke up sick, I can't tell much about this day because we all slept through it... gratefully no pictures for you of this day!  Weston felt bad enough that he passed out 3 times when he got up to run to the bathroom... a huge knot on his forehead is from hitting the bathroom stool on the way down - the stool where Maryn 
happened to be sitting after her own bout with the flu bug...  The scouting pow-wow finished up Tuesday night and the boys' didn't end up going... big waste of all that work 'eh?

Wednesday - it's just beginning...  W is back at school getting his science fair project set up, T is back at school. P and H and M are all home with me...  I've consumed a total of 3 saltine crackers and 3 oz. of water - M is throwing a fit because she can't play with the neighbor and I didn't let her go to preschool - what a mean Mommy I am :(

We will all survive - and we'll be disinfecting the house greatly before company arrives this weekend!!!  Bring on the Lysol :)


Megz said...

Scary about M passing out. And W too? Or does he just do that when he's sick? Baseball fields are hazardous. And being as we live in outer leftfield of one, I can say that we are blessed to not have any concussions from really good hitters. What did you for M's party? Can't top the chef one, right?

T said...

M's party was a quick one, the girls arrived, we went on a flower hunt and used the petals to "dress" Tinkerbell and her fairy friend whose name I don't care enough about to remember or look up. We played a few little games "tink, tink, wendy" and "musical wands" before opening gifts and having cupcakes... then we sent everyone home with their little Tinkerbell buckets full of junk. Quick, simple, and cheap - my favorite kind of party :)

cold cocoa said...

Sounds like a week you are ready to get through and done with! Nice cake for Maryn though. Isn't Trevor's bday the end of April or is my calendar wrong?

Get better!

LC said...

I feel for you. That would freak me out if one of my kids passed out. Glad everything is okay and hope you all get better soon. All last week I was enjoying the fact that I have had ZERO nausea for the first time in months. What a wonderful feeling that is!!!

Sher said...

I hope you have now been able to keep down much more water and something healthier than crackers. I hope "W" survived the day without any fainting relapses. In general -- I hope things look up a lot this Thursday.