Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Random Thoughts on a Monday Morning

Mondays:

All workouts performed before 7:00 a.m. should burn more calories - like time and a half holiday pay.

Except I want double... double calories burned before 7:00 a.m. - it only seems fair to me.

pretty much any workouts on Monday should get the same perk.

I was informed that today is National Velociraptor Awareness Day. Celebrate with Great abandon... and cupcakes...

I really could not make this stuff up!

But somebody apparently can... I can decide if it's because they are more witty than I am or just more desperate?

On that note - tomorrow is officially "Send a Small but Thoughtful Gift to your favorite Blogger whose name starts with T" day...

(no "T"he Pioneer Woman doesn't count... or "T"he Empress... focus people!!!)

This morning Po asked me what S.A. stood for... yeah, I was stumped too...

and then I figured it out and spelled it for him:
"E"
"S"
"S"
"A"
"Y"

and I am left to wonder where this major gap in his education happened.

because there's no way I'm taking the blame for this one.

That's 98% of why I don't homeschool... I need someone else to pass the blame off on. (his 2nd grade teacher can have this little bit... I don't even remember her name right now)

The other 2% of the reason? Naps.


I'm not ready for Easter.

Hey, I warned you this was Random... were you expecting cohesive thought?

Maybe you need to look up the definition for random?

If there is no Easter Bunny we are in some SERIOUS trouble folks.

Because this little guy is about all I've already purchased.


Did you know that marshmallow suckers don't hold up well in the heat?


I spoke last week at a writer's conference... mostly about blogging and twitter...

because I'm kinda awesome like that.

Stop laughing!

I actually think I managed to SOUND smarter than I FELT!

seriously... the laughing is a little rude guys!!!

I dressed very professionally in a nice wrap-around skirt with leggings underneath.

Which probably didn't look so professional when it came untied while I was loading the car to leave.

(okay fine... you can laugh now)

I heard a lot of snickering from the pool users behind me... even though I was FAR more dressed than they were!

and... a final random thought of the day...

when your kids are playing "King of the Mountain" inside your house...

it might be time to fold the laundry.

14 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I'm sure you were awesome! I hope you had a special writers Snuggie.

Heidi said...

HAha! Okay, what is the melted marshmallow sucker supposed to be? It looks like a deformed anteater girl scout...
Your randomness is awesome. Also, I thought I was following your blog, but I wasn't, but I am now.

Saimi said...

No not the laundry, say it isn't so! You should be kicked back after burning all those calories and eating a marshmallow sucker...it looks like a sheep to me!

Barbaloot said...

Even if working out early burned more calories, I don't think I could bring myself to do it. Too hard.

lori said...

I'm pretty sure tommorow is send something nice to your favorite cousin whose name starts with "l".....but maybe I've got that wrong :) Good luck with your laundry, I did 4 loads on Saturday, and have a least that much left to do (probably more, it has a way of multiplying while sitting in the pile).

TisforTonya said...

the sucker used to be one of those Pink Beret bunnies from Hop... and to be perfectly clear - I did not eat that thing... eeeewwww! (at least three of the kids TRIED to eat it... but nobody could stomach more than one or two nibbles)

Sherie Christensen said...

If I were to exercise before 7 I'd want double the calories burned and I'd be great with getting double anytime on Monday too. I now have shopped for Trisa's Easter but nobody elses (Hey Dan was there so I couldn't do everyone!). I'm glad the speech was fabulous and leggings have to be more modest that swimwear! Way to be prepared for the possibility of an untied skirt.

Megz said...

What?? Today is velociraptor day?? Thanks for the news--Ethan will want to make some plans....

cold cocoa said...

Glad the bloggy thing went well! Good thing you had those leggings on underneath, right? Wraparound skirts have always scared me because of their unwrapable issues.

Missy said...

If it wasn't for Real Meanin of Easter, my children would know NOTHING of this holiday!
Great post!

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Well thank you for that visual. Sounds like something that would have happened to me. Thanks for sharing all that randomness.

LC said...

Here's a cupcake for you-- D.. It's just the top, turned on its' side with a couple of crumbs. I ate the rest:)

Way to go on your blog presentation!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I'm really not sure what to think about that poor sucker.....other than "poor sucker".

Hope you got the laundry done. I'm down to two more loads. Amen.

Jen T said...

I agree with the double calorie burn, definitely! Would have loved to heard you at the conference, I am sure you were awesome!!!