Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Jumpin' for Joy

Ever since the new business "Jumpin' Jacks" opened near our house a few months back we have been putting the kids off...  apparently many friends have raved about it (only one said it was a bust) and in this past week both H and T went with friends and returned with good reviews.  P has had a free pass since April that he's been dying to use and I picked up a $2 off coupon in early May thinking that I certainly didn't want to pay $8 per child... (yikes - for that I want a roller coaster!)  
Anyway - we finally broke down and decided that it would be an acceptable family home evening event for us...

M had the most fun (well, maybe) and was all smiles - all night, as long as you don't count the time that Dad's helping hands actually made her fall and be trapped between the blow up castle and the inflatable wall of the bouncy toy - or the time when Haven was riding the inflatable dragon that she was attempting to slay with her karate kicks and the dragon fought back... all in all, two teary moments in two hours was pretty good for her.

H, having been before, was ready for fun and took off like a shot - she sustained a few slide burns but doesn't seem to care much - it was almost impossible to keep up with her, we saw her now and then when she was eager to show M something cool.
 
P & W were not disappointed as the place lived up to their expectations - P took one break to play in the little kid area - where his vehicle became an instant chick magnet once he sat down... ooh, an older man...

P, W & T spent a good portion of the night racing in and out of the T-rex guarded obstacle course seeing who could get through their side fastest...  and when Q wasn't busy catching up on his reading....  he was timing them.  They also seemed to come up with creative ways to use the inflatables that weren't intended... 
like laying on the floppy side and launching each other back into the ride...  

To be honest, this is not what he was reading... but it was just sitting there by him and it seemed funnier than the Sports section - I didn't let him see the cover before snapping the picture.

All in all, it was a good family night - especially after returning home with very tired kids, they barely finished M's carefully selected ice cream treats before the youngest 3 fell into bed!  Was that worth $24???  Hmmm... maybe once a year, but we're not buying a summer pass or anything!

7 comments:

Megz said...

There's a new one in Springville that I've been hearing about but haven't ventured due to the ever mighty $ as well. Looks like it was a winner for your fam.
I always knew Q was into cowboys. Cue the song: '...and you can be my cowgirl." Can't go wrong with wranglers and the smell of manure.

cold cocoa said...

Anika went there for a party, which I was grateful for, since she had been begging forever! Does it stink though? Like the smell of McD's rubber ball cage? Or do they manage to get the stinky foot smell under control?

TisforTonya said...

amazingly it wasn't a stinky place... there's a strictly enforced sock rule - and I didn't see a dirty pair there... so maybe it's a clean sock rule as well? It was amazingly loud though considering there were 2 or 3 air blowers hooked to each of the 7 inflatables and then music trying to mask that noise... add to that the noise of 20 screaming kids... I was grateful when I saw the "max capacity 250" sign that we had come on a slow night! I'm sure with over a hundred kids in there the noises and the smells would be unbearable!

LC said...

Sounds like fun even for the pricetag. Heck it's gotta be cheaper than rhino riding right?
That's the kind of place we need to take our kids during the mens campout.

Sherie Christensen said...

Okay Megz -- do you know the name of that song you were quoting? I have fond memories of it from college -- which makes Derek laugh -- or cringe -- I'm not sure which -- but I can't find it. I'm glad your kids like the inflatables. I've been tempted by another place called "Jump - In" or something like that that is further north and is wall to wall trampolines with slanted ones on the sides. My friend said that was fun. You must sign legal papers releasing the place from liability if you get hurt of course.

TisforTonya said...

It's "I wanna be a cowboy"... of course, maybe Meg knows the band... and my guess is that it makes Der cringe 'cause I can't really picture him rockin' out... "I got my boots - on..."

cold cocoa said...

At Anika's party they had to sign release forms. That made me a bit worried but I guess it's all understandable. Good thing to know it's not stinky!