Pages

Friday, March 13, 2009

And The Winner Is....

#44 came to me in my dream last night... really, I'm not even kidding.  I have no idea why actually - I have no particular affinity for that number - I wasn't PLANNING to dream up a winner number, but for some reason when I was nodding off that's the number that popped into my brain... I laughed at myself and went to sleep assuming I'd have forgotten the number by morning and I would have to use the Random Number Generator - but NO, I remembered so #44 is going to win...  

When I looked up WHO was #44 I had to laugh... because Shelle has been discussing some rather *ahem* hot and spicy topics lately and then I remembered my ONLY mental association with the #44 goes all the way back to Jr. High when I was at a 9th grade boys' basketball game - and the #44 on the opposing team had me cheering for the OTHER Jr. High the entire game...  My friend Kim and I drooled over #44 a.k.a. "chest guy" for the duration of the game...  and frankly for the rest of the year as we tried to casually meet the guy even though he went to a different school than we did...  I did meet him the next year in High School... not nearly so hot without a sweaty basketball jersey...

Holy Cats!  That's a long way to say "Congrats to Shelle" - she wins the cake because Hey, she's local and that's going to be the way it is...  So - just e-mail me with a date, flavor, theme...  if you want to google cakes and send images you can... we'll chat and work it out!  Maybe over a pedi...  you'll be back in town by Tuesday the 24th right?

That leaves me with the Cards...  which I STILL haven't taken pictures of... but I swear they're cute and classy and all that you ever wanted - I'll photograph them as they go into the envelope to be sent, really...

And for that winner we're going to rely on the Random Number Generator... because I didn't dream any more numbers - and can't remember if there were other hot guys on that basketball team...

So, with 1-74 (including my extra entries) - random.org went with 37 - which is News Around The Blogs - whom I've NEVER met, even bloggily - but whom I am happy to see loves handmade cards!  I'll leave a note on her blog letting her know so that I can send them out!

Thanks for playing - I'd let you know more about my crazy life, but that'll have to wait - I still have 1/2 a house to clean and a birthday cake to make and....  well, frankly - I'm busy being fabulous!  (Thanks Sher for the super excuse!)

7 comments:

News Around The Blogs said...

Wow! I am way happy I won! Did you need my email address? So I can give you info?
newsaroundtheblogs@live.com

Kristina P. said...

Booooo. I mean, congrats.

Heidi said...

Oooh, man! I want to be busy being fabulous, too! (SO jealous!)

a Tonggu Momma said...

You ARE busy being fabulous! I, on the other hand, am busy being pathetic, laying around like a slug with influenza, with child appendage attached, also with influenza... plus strep throat and a double ear infection.

Wanna come over for dinner? Cough, cough.

Anjeny said...

Congratz winners!! T, you truly are fabulous...I was going to go break down Shelle's door since she wins the cake but then I remembered she said her son's bday is coming and of course, she's right in your neighborhood so I changed my mind and will congratulate her instead...LOL.

Can't wait to see what ya got planned for your next give away, if you are planning one.

roy/elisabeth dean said...

Awwww Man, I would LOVE some homemade cake. We usually end up with the Winn Dixie variety here!
Congrats Shelle....I wish I lived close enough for a slice and a cup of coffee....with Baileys!

This was an exceptional giveaway! Great idea~
♥,Lilly

Sherie Christensen said...

I finally got to your blog and read about lots of things. I missed the giveaway. Sigh. I loved the blog about the quilt. I hope W has a happy birthday today!