Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

to the Love of my Life (or at least my week)

Dear Love,

In the grand scheme of things it's like we just met... and yet I'm not sure how I ever got along without you. The hours we spend together are magical... I find myself wanting to sneak away for a few minutes of alone time throughout the day... even when we are separated you are in my thoughts. Just yesterday I was at the mall and found something "just right" that I knew you needed... I couldn't resist - I just had to buy it then and there.

We have SO much in common...  I mean... I love to read and you love to read with me... when I get tired of reading you are ready to move on to Sudoku or Crossword Puzzles...  so few of the people I meet in life share these passions - but you seem to really "get" me.  Side by side we've explored near and far - and you've been there as I have laughed over other funny blogs, or cried over a few sad ones...  we've BONDED.  This is not just any fleeting relationship - we have connected on a deep spiritual level while reading scriptures together even...

I know - there are a few jealousy issues going on right now, but I believe we can all find a way to co-exist and be one big happy family. Maybe I will learn to share someday - but for now it's just you and me!

My new Nook...  (well, okay - generic picture of a generic Nook... trust me, they all look the same... looks don't matter, it's what's inside that counts!)
and the beautiful green outfit I just HAD to purchase for it yesterday....


Love,

18 comments:

TisforTonya said...

so yes... if you've been wondering why I haven't been around your blogs as much... it's this crazy torrid love affair I'm having with my Nook... I expect things to cool off in a week or two (when I run out of $ to keep pumpking new content into the thing) but I DO love it...

(and yes, when I comment on your blogs from the nook it will be signed "Tonya" instead of "T"... I'm working on that...

Michelle said...

As technologically savvy as I am, what is a nook? More importantly, do I want one? I'm glad your love affair is blossoming.

Kristina P. said...

Can I read my US Weekly on that?

TisforTonya said...

Michelle - it's an eReader...

Kristina - yes... and for the first 14 days you can read it for free! I heard on the news yesterday that US Weekly is not the same respected paper that it was when my Grandfather kept it in his insurance waiting room... and now that I know YOU read it, I am SURE it's a different publication altogether :) (joking offense totally intended...)

Joni_rt said...

OK Tonya, this guy at work is telling me I just "have" to get a Kindle and I told him I'd been looking at nooks and he said the Kindle is so much better. Sell me on the Nook. Did you get a color one? Did you get the one that is on the internet always, or do you connect to a wireless? Is it back lit, can an old lady like me find it comfortable to read? Besides reading, what other tricks can it do? Play music, check email, surf the internet?

Do you like it better than last year's b-day present (the exercise bike)?

TisforTonya said...

it bruises my unmentionable areas a lot less than the exercise bike!!!

I can check my e-mail, browse the internet (with some limitations... but it sounds like those can be rooted out actually - but I don't need to play flash games on my Nook so no worries) I haven't yet loaded my music library onto it, but I can... and it comes pre-loaded with a Pandora link, Sudoku, crosswords... oh shoot... let me know when you're free and we'll just get together and let you fondle it for awhile :) (oh, and yes, it is the Color...)

Barbaloot said...

Wow-you got one, huh? I still can't imagine doing that. I'm sure if I do that I'll feel the need to buy a "real" copy of the book as well as one for the reader. I can't do it!

Megz said...

I knew you were having an affair. Too bad he has such a nerdy name. (insert 'nookie' joke here)
I'm happy you are so savvy. And why are you pumping so much money in it? Aren't there supposed to be lots of free books that come with it? Surely you haven't read ALL the classics already.....

cold cocoa said...

How fun! I am all for these electronic devices that make it even more easy to never be bored! Though if I gave one to my kids (which I wouldn't) I'm sure they could still find a way.
I didn't know you could read blogs with a nook. Was this your bday present for yourself or does your hubby get the credit?

Cluttered Brain said...

a nook wow.
sawwweeeeet!
I think you need an About me page.
And some buttons at the top...
I'm wondering what you might put in an about me page..
I bet it would be gooood.
;)

Sherie Christensen said...

Wow. I've never heard of a nook until now -- except for the reading nook that is a place you go to to read. Or a kitchen nook. Now you can take your nook to the nook. Sounds fun.

TisforTonya said...

CC - hehe, long story... but no credit goes to M.O.T.H. ;) well, not true - he does get credit for going with me to B&N last night and selecting a cover...

Barb - ummm... yeah, still trying to reconcile that one... I think some books should just come with a digital copy so I can have both?

and C.B. - ummmm YEAH I need to do that... but apparently I need my little blog design fairy to come fix everything for me while I sleep... or read... or... *gasp* clean the house :)

Suzanne Benner said...

Grandpa's magazine was never US Weekly... go to Google and look at images of the cover. I think his was US News and World Report or something similar.

TisforTonya said...

ahhhh... THAT makes SO much more sense :)

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I am so NOT surprised that T the bookworm bought some beautiful thing like that Nook!
Love the outfit!
Totally rocks!

Cheeseboy said...

He is very handsome. I bet your husband is jealous.

Missy said...

That is what I asked for as a V Day gift. I am thinking I will need to purchase my own...

Alexandra said...

Oh, you are tempting me so much. Can you email me other things about it? I think I want one...very badly.