Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Strange Sightings...

I have been driving a LOT these past few days...  there's something about Spring that just makes you want to get out and enjoy the fresh air...

there's a lot of fresh air on the way to soccer practice... or museum meetings... even more fresh air on the way to teacher conferences and birthday parties...

there is however NO fresh air at the tire place where it will inevitably take FOREVER for them to rotate your tires...  so you will have to get a little fresh air while walking to a nearby department store...  but THAT is a story for another day...  mostly because I have yet to let ManOfTheHouse in on all of my little purchases at said department store...

Today's little story is about chickens and monkeys...  You see - a new local business was advertising at a major intersection in town.  Namely the intersection that connects my house to the main road...  the main road that I needed to go on to get to the school, the tire store, band practice, the birthday parties, and the soccer practices.

(oh, sorry, I paused there for a sec... just double checking that I remembered to pick up all the kids I dropped off...  phew, that would have been embarrassing as it's currently 11:30 p.m.)

Anywho - now that you're all debating which protective agency to turn me over to let's get back to our story...  I think I drove through this intersection at least 10 times today... each time noticing the very energetic man holding a LARGE sign and dancing around in his chicken suit advertising for a new Online Deal website...  by the third or fourth time through the intersection I actually took the time to notice the website...  by the fifth or sixth time through the intersection I noticed his counterpart across the street... a slightly less energetic but equally large sign-holding friend... the ape.  You might worry about my driving skills since I didn't see an APE on the side of the road earlier than this...  but really...  from an advertising standpoint - if you want to be noticed... go with the chicken.  Every. Time.

The final trip through this intersection (on a mad dash to the store to find a gift for a 14 year old girl...) netted me a sight worthy of many MANY pictures...  Unfortunately all I had with me was a camera phone with a full memory. 

Yes, there are probably at least 10 pictures of the inside of my pocket.  Dumb Phone.

But - fear not - I have re-created the scene in all its glory just for you...
you're welcome.



and yes, for the record, by this time Monkey man had removed his mask... allowing me to see the chagrin on his face AND making it a LOT easier to draw.

Were they really doing anything wrong?  Were they being charged with Indecent Exposure because the animals had no clothing?  Did they simply have to call their boss and show a business permit?  I REALLY want to know the rest of the story behind this...  REALLY...  and so I will be stalking their new website (and maybe picking up a few deals along the way...)  and I'll be sure to get back to you with any further developments!

12 comments:

Cluttered Brain said...

rofl..that is some picture..
seriously they took their masks off?
Wow.
What a job.
Glad you picked up all your kids...
lol.


Word verification is spesms. "All this typing of weird words is giving me spesms to my eyes..." ugh.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I think your life is totally exciting.
Really.

The monkey/chicken/other farm/zoo animals are afraid to take their "clothes" off here.
They'll freeze.

Victoria said...

Now I know what those weird dark photos are! I wondered who was taking pix with my phone!!!!
I know what you mean about the tire store! I can not stand to stay in there while they're working on my car!
Is that a policeman in your drawing?! ...Why did the chicken cross the road? To get away from 'monkeyman'! LOL!

btw: i loved your blogger's blocks post! I may have to make myself some of those dice! .... And, yeah, I'd want to be 'touching' that teacher, too! I can almost hear a little guy saying 'mu-er'! Thanx for the smile!

Missy said...

I love a man in a chicken suit...

Saimi said...

What, no popcorn at the tire store?? That's why I go there!

Sherie Christensen said...

Ah, you failed to mention to me that you bought something while wandering around the store. Anything fabulously cute? I hope the chicken and the ape are not now rotting in jail:)

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Man. I miss all the good stuff!

Kazzy said...

Oh, the suits on the corners...

Seriously. Dignity, people. Dignity.

Michelle said...

I feel so bad for the people that have to dress up to be a sign waver. Sign waving is hard enough. The guy that stands on the road to Wal-mart is there every time I drive by. I admire him for his fortitude and going to that horrible job every day. Most people would quit.

Megz said...

I think it was all part of the plot to draw attention to their business. Genius, I do believe. Nothing like a fake fight....

LC said...

I don't think that's such a bad job, as long as you have a costume to hide in.
I hope the chicken wins.

Cheeseboy said...

Your artistry creates quite the imagery. This is the best post of all time about a chicken and a gorilla, and believe me, I've read a lot of them.

Had me laughing. Nicely done.