Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Because Our Family is SOOO much fun...

We take normal everyday boring moments and liven them up a tad... okay, well - here's hoping that this first one doesn't happen EVERY day...

T was in his theatre class at school and was lucky enough to be a volunteer for the teacher - her annual gory make-up demonstration...  Now, because I took a few theatrical make-up classes in college I could tell you that there are some serious "no-no's" happening in this particular make-up job - but at first glance... well, let's just say it's a good thing that I HAVE taken a few classes and didn't freak out!  T hammed it up all through school (theatre is first period of course) and got a few sympathetic reactions from teachers and students...  Where on earth did he learn to be such a dramatic little booger?



( This is where the arial shot of everyone around the fire pit belongs... it disappeared into the ether and apparently Blogger doesn't want me to upload it again... Grrr...)

Then we had company - (yes, the company that I cleaned up for... no worries, we're back to clutter as usual!) - and because we're the consummate hosts we pulled out all the stops and did tin-foil dinners.  Yep that's right, Hobo dinners for people that drove 3+ hours just to see us...  It was Hubby's call, but they were actually pretty good.  That, and I love that when he cooks outdoors - I'm completely off the hook - especially since I got paper plates and cups just for the occasion!  (I know, I know... very un-green of me!)  After the sumptuous meal we crowded around our backyard fire pit and roasted a few marshmallows, ate a few s'mores and answered questions such as "would you rather clean the bathroom with your tongue or drink a cup of cat spit?"... a real winner for the kids to be sure!   Never let it be said that we are not a barrel of laughs around here! 

After a very relaxing nights' sleep (well, I'm assuming someone relaxed at some point) we were lucky enough to be blessed by our local good weather.  With temperatures in the 80's even this late in October we decided that it was a perfect day for the reservoir.  So - we picked up the Sea-Doo's (from our time-share type rental club) and headed out.  There was really no chance of getting nasty sunburns - but a few rays got through and I do have a little color to show for it.  This particular pictures shows W learning the water-skiing ropes from Uncle L - who happens to be pretty good at it as he demonstrated.  Q gave it a go as well and surprised us all by staying up for quite a ways around the reservoir but also rewarding us with a nice splash in the end!  


12 comments:

just the five of us said...

You have to love the weather! We don't complain about going trick or treating in shorts instead of coats. Although, I am ready to have it a tad cooler:D

The blood is great on T's arm, at least it wasn't on his neck.

Chelsi said...

Um... Ooooh!!! That looks horrible! I didn't get into stage makeup in college, so if it gets beyond "basic corrective" I'm no judge. Looks like you had a great time at the reservoir. I'm concerned about eating chili tonight at the Halloween party--that's cold weather food for me.

Becky said...

80 degrees!? We noticed just yesterday that Wasilla Lake is starting to freeze up.

It's hard for me to imagine that kind of weather around Halloween. In my mind, Halloween is the perfect time for snow.

I guess we'll have to remain bloggy friends, and never be next door neighbors, because it seems we're not weather compatible. :)

Anonymous said...

Well since i have no expertise in the make up gore area...it freaked me out when I saw that picture! haha, im glad it's only make up!!

I miss riding the sea-doo!! How fun! I wish it was 80 here! I think today it's only 58 or something!

Anonymous said...

I love the make up job! And our weather is pretty close to the 80's! I like it but I'm sort of ready for it to just be fall already!

cold cocoa said...

Looks like a good time! Would have liked a picture of what the ladies were doing! Eating red vines?

TisforTonya said...

oh we got out there and maxed out the RPM's on the machines... and actually - I don't think a single red vine was harmed in the making of this weekend!

LC said...

FUN! All of it! We'll be there next week.

The Gibsons said...

ok that was gross. For a minute I was like oh my gosh what did he do then I started to read your blog. I would love to go to the lake again. That was so much fun. I am glad you guys had a fun time.

Megz said...

I want to see the dramatic side of T. Or maybe I am? Is that quiet teen the act he's giving me?

No red vines, CC. Just Chewy Oatmeal Chips Ahoy that nobody ended up eating but me. Thanks again for the fun times--we've talked you up enough you should have your weekends booked w/ visitors!

mariann and Tory said...

Wow! It got me! I wondered how he got hurt right there in that spot! Kinda a weird location? Oh well! Did you hear Kollen had her baby!!

TisforTonya said...

NO - I assumed, but wasn't sure... she hasn't posted about it on her blog or on Facebook... of course, she's been a little busy! Thanks for the info!