Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Quick Trick Book Tag

Very Seuss-ian title - of which I am proud...

This is the tag in its entirety:  Grab the nearest book (no fair running around trying to find something impressive - just grab...) okay - got it?  Turn to page 56.  Go to the 5th sentence on the page.  Type it in your post.  Tell us what book it is... Ta-Dahh... one more down!

Okay:  my book is So Yesterday by Scott Westerfeld - it's sitting here because I recently read it so that I could add a good two cents' worth to its review over on the book review blog.

The sentence:  "It was him, wasn't it?" Jen said.

oooh, that's mighty informative...  I'm sure you're dying to read it now :)  just be glad I didn't grab the second nearest book... it's a high school yearbook - here entirely because I don't frankly remember 2/3 of these people on facebook!  And believe me, that one guy looks TOTALLY different without the skater bangs covering his eyes!

Oh - and no, I'm not "tagging" anyone - just stick it here as a comment if you'd like - though you're welcome to do it over at your own blog if you feel the need :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I currently have Eckhart Tolle's "A New Earth: Awakening Your Life's Purpose" sitting on my table. I've tried twice now to read it and just can't get into it, although people rave about it.....

Here goes for p. 56, 5th sentence! (maybe this will get me into the book, finally?)

"Whatever they had identified with, whatever gave them their sense of self, had been taken away."

Wow...I like it...thanks for the idea!

Jen said...

I am loving all the tags that you are doing. Its fun.

Anonymous said...

haha...I almost did a yearbook too--I work at a college so it technically was the closest book!

TisforTonya said...

haha - I should have checked the yearbook - page 57 is full of fun facts from the years 1989/1990... sentence 5 (run on sentence by the way) is all about the Exxon Valdez spill!

Pennies In My Pocket said...

LOVE this ... too fun. Mine is Nights of Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks

"Paul put on his jacket, walked down the steps, and went out the front door, heading toward the car."

;-)

~melody~

Suzanne Benner said...

The Innocent Mage by Karen Miller... page 56, 5th sentence:

"He sobered."

... and there were two on my desk, so I had to see if this one was more interesting:

From the Corner of His Eye by Dean Koontz... page 56, 5th sentence:

"Junior hoped that Parkhurst was more skilled at the practice of medicine than he was at browbeating."

...definitely more interesting. :) I'm in the middle of both of these right now. Both excellent so far. Different genres, but both good writing and interesting plot. So far the Karen Miller one is better family fare, but mostly just because Dean Koontz deals with real questions of evil in the world, not because he lets it win. :)

Anonymous said...

T...here's a shocker. I am actually going to leave a comment. Are you impressed? Well, you should be. I actually have several books sitting on my desk from my son bringing home a book order, yay! The Bar Code Tattoo by Suzanne Weyn, She's tell if she knew. Hmmm, maybe I should try one of the other five books sitting here.