Pages

Friday, October 3, 2008

When the going gets tough... the Tough go Tagging!

I have to say - it's been a REALLY rough week around here - and I'm just not feeling very witty and chipper - so instead of leaving it ALL week without a post... I'm taking the chickens way out and making it Tag Week... you see, I've been tagged 3 times this week... maybe 4 - and they all look like fun tags, so I'm going to do them... all of them - and here's the first - compliments of Becky (who happens to be one of the funniest people I've never met)


1- I spent about 75% of the time between the ages of 8 and 13 on crutches... stupid foot.
2-Although I grew up in Colorado I never went skiing until winter of 1998 - I hated it.
3-I like to re-arrange my furniture every 6 months... and coincidentally that's about how often I vacuum behind the entertainment center!
4-I don't eat chocolate... whether that makes me a bad American, a bad Christian, or a bad Woman in your eyes - I can't stand the stuff, it smells nasty to me.
5-I read obsessively.  This is not a good thing - Hubby knows by the big red box on the Calendar that a new book is coming out and that will mean 3 things:  Don't plan any family time, Expect Pizza for dinner, and make sure you have enough socks to get through the week 'cause this lady will only move from her reading perch for occasional sustenance and potty breaks.

Tag Break - man this is hard guys - who knew it would be such a chore to come up with 7 odd things about me... maybe I'm more normal than I thought?  Don't answer that.  I'm sure many of my friends and family could come up with... oh wait, that brings to mind:

6-I have just an itty bitty touch of OCD - my CD's are alphabetically arranged, my shirts are color coded in the closet, and if you ever play cards with me PLEASE don't make a mess of the piles... or discard three 6's in a row... it tends to make me a little crazy :)
7-Despite all those years on crutches, I've never broken a bone... unless you count my front tooth (but that's a WHOLE other post in itself... remind me sometime, it's a hilarious story!).  I've mis-aligned the growth plates in my wrist - I've had bones removed (a little tiny one in my foot) - I've had all SORTS of things go wrong with infections and the like, but no broken bones.

Okay - that's 7, and yes, it was crazy hard... now I have to pick 7 of you to tag... and you might just want to hold on because frankly there are only about 10 people that I KNOW come here often enough to be tagged... so you're gonna get it eventually, and maybe twice - so just save them up and do them all together?  okay, here are the lucky winners in no particular order because I'm just wracking my brain trying to come up with 7.

Chelsi - because I KNOW she laughed at all my medical mishaps and the OCD (and she's the only one I know who beats me to straightening the pile)
Janet - because one of these upcoming tags is from her
Erin - also because I've got an Erin tag on hold
Megan - because she's my kids favorite aunt... or at least that's what she says
Firefly - because she's lurking around here and I like to point out that some Non-Family DOES show up.  Besides - she's a cool yogini (I think that's the word)
Mariann - because she's been blogging about bugs a lot lately... and refrigerators... and I am dying to see what she does with this
Darcy - because she hasn't posted anything new in 2 weeks and sometimes girl - you just gotta put something mindless down!  Usually her stuff is nice and deep and meaningful (and beautiful, she makes some GORGEOUS quilts) and while that is a wonderful break from my "stream of conscious thought" writing - I just want to know what's UP?

Don't feel bad about being left out - and don't gripe about being tagged... I tell you what, if you really feel the need to comment you can just tell me what you think the proper spelling is for the sound the kids make when they stick out their tongues and blow a raspberry... I'm going with PBBLLTH for now, but I'm up for suggestions.  Are there differences according to regional dialects?  Maybe it's the #8 odd thing, but this question has intrigued me for years... (no, not really, who do you think I AM?)

12 comments:

Becky said...

Hey, my front tooth has been broken, too! In fact, I have to get a new crown on it next year cuz of reoccurring buildup or something like that. Gonna cost me a pretty penny, too. Darn golf balls!

TisforTonya said...

a golf ball? okay - we'll swap tooth stories sometime...

TisforTonya said...

oh, and next time... remember Golf balls and tougher than Meat balls...

Anonymous said...

Alright, I'll do it! I've often wondered what I would put if I were tagged, and now I can't think of anything. But you're right ... I've gone too long without posting (partly from computer problems, partly from lack of inspiration).

Becca said...

Thanks for the tag T! Yes, I'll do it, but it's gonna be next week :-) sometime as I'm going totally nuts here. I'm getting ready to blog about my former fast food addiction...and how I quit eating the stuff. This might not be so popular as people don't want me suggesting they should stop with their BigMacs.... :-)

Megz said...

I didn't know you color coded your closet. I cannot stand messy card piles as well but that's it for my OCD tendencies. I think.
Thanks for the tag. I think I'll file it away for any future brain blog freezes.

Unknown said...

All of my CD's are in Alphabetically too. Also, all of my DVD'S and VHS movies are in Alphabetically too. It is just easier that way. I also color code my oldest son's shirts in his closet, I don't think he cares, but I do.

cherry said...

Thanks so much for coming by from sits...and to strike go to darlenes days blog...she just explained it...very easy..go into html. cherry

cold cocoa said...

Color-coded shirts? That is kind of fun. I usually just put cutest/most worn on the left to less cute/less worn on the right. Alphabetizing cd's is something else. I guess if you have a ton it really would help with finding what you need fast.

Natalie said...

We don't alphabatize cd's and dvd's. We do organize them based on theme though. We have a classic Disney section, then a modern digitally animated section, romantic comedies, action/ adventure series that have too many sequels... you get the point. Sometimes I wonder if maybe I SHOULD just alphabatize them. It would solve the occasional quandary about which catagorie something falls in.

TisforTonya said...

haha - our DVD's are similarly sorted - TV Series, Disney Movies, Other Little Kid (Girl oriented)Movies, Movies the boys can watch, and then the shelf of movies that they have to have permission to watch.

LisAway said...

YOU DON'T LIKE CHOCOLATE? And you have a background that looks like, what? Chocolate!! (very cute, by the way) Please say you will at least a little in chocolate chip cookies or something? Have you seen a doctor about this?

Okay, that's enough chastising. So, um, I wish I didn't eat chocolate, too! Think of all the calories I'd save...